MFCE Program Objectives
- Increase the affordability and accessibility of programs for children ages birth to 8 of all families with diverse cultural, linguistic and economic backgrounds through the use of a sliding fee scale. Preschool programs are free of charge for all four-year-olds entering Kindergarten the following year.
- Enhance collaboration among community programs and services for children ages 3 to 8.
- Provide early childhood programs and services that are high quality.
- Conduct community outreach to ensure that families who may be hard to reach by traditional methods are offered opportunities to be enrolled in a program that meets their needs.
- To foster the use of libraries and museums.