Finger Print Requirements
Fingerprinting Requirements for Public School Employees
Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services (SAFIS) Program
In September 2013 Governor Patrick signed into law the requirement for all public school employees to have a one-time national criminal background check as a condition of employment. Unlike CORI, this check will examine criminal activity in all states, including Massachusetts.
Therefore, as a condition of employment with the Mashpee Public Schools, employees are required to submit their fingerprints for the national criminal background check. All employees should read through the information below before they register for an appointment to have their fingerprints taken.
Overview of the Fingerprinting Process
The following is an overview of the SAFIS fingerprinting process:
- An applicant/employee registers for a fingerprinting appointment via either the MorphoTrust USA IdentoGo™ registration website or the MorphoTrust Massachusetts Customer Service (telephone) Center at (866) 349-8130;
- Provide your Mashpee Public School District and ESE Organization Code: 01720000
- An applicant/employee goes to a MorphoTrust USA IdentoGo™ enrollment center on the date and time selected by him/her and has his/her fingerprints taken;
- Individuals will pay a fee to comply with this requirement of $35.00 for non-licensed employees and $55.00 for DESE Licensed Professionals (including those with pending applications/licenses).
- You will be provided with a fingerprint receipt. A copy of this receipt must be returned to the Mashpee Public Schools Human Resources Department as a confirmation that the fingerprints were captured.
- The applicant’s/employee’s fingerprints are sent electronically to the Massachusetts State Police (MSP) for a statewide criminal history record check and to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for a nationwide criminal record check;
- The results of both the State and National fingerprint-based criminal history record checks are returned to the MSP
- For more information please visit https://www.mass.gov/statewide-applicant-fingerprint-identification-services-safis
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Jodi Gallagher in the Human Resource Office at 508-539-1500 ext. 4221.