Welcome to the Kenneth C. Coombs
School Counseling Department Website!
What does a School Adjustment Counselor do?
School Adjustment Counselors...
- Serve as an advocate for all students.
- Work with individuals and groups.
- Help identify needs of students.
- Encourage the development of interpersonal relationships.
- Promote positive attitudes and choices.
- Aid teachers and parents in helping students.
- Assist people in making use of community resources.
- Coordinate referrals to outside agencies.
- Provide preventative programs.
The services listed above are available to ALL students, parents, and staff at the Kenneth C. Coombs School.
On a daily basis Mrs. Lambert and Ms. Needre often:
- Teach small group or classroom lessons using Second Step, our schoolwide curriculum.
- Provides Lunch Bunch Groups to students in kindergarten through second grade.
- Consults with parents both in person and on the phone.
- Collaborates and consults with staff members.
- Provides individual counseling to students.
- Monitors students attendance records.
- Provides support in the classroom, lunchroom, and recess.
School Adjustment Counselors
508-539-1520 ext 5120 for Jamie Needre