School Health Offices
The nurse promotes the health and well being of every student in the Mashpee school district. The nurse advocates for the health and safety of students and staff with the primary goal being to support student learning. We strive to positively influence both the health and education of your children by providing high-quality nursing care in each school.
- Full-time registered nurse assigned to each school building
- Illness and injury assessment
- First aid
- Medication administration during the school day
- Chronic condition management
- Annual hearing/vision/postural/Body Mass Index screening and referral
- Cumulative School Health Record maintenance including immunizations
- Nursing collaboration for students with IEP/504
- Health/wellness education
- Collaboration with local, regional, and statewide health agencies and initiatives
- Assistance with health insurance for children and families
- Referral and assistance in accessing health/dental care
- Crisis team participation
- Management of communicable diseases
Health Advisory Committee Meetings:
23-24 Health Advisory Meeting dates: 10/18/23, 1/10/24, 3/13/24, 5/8/24
All meetings were held via Zoom for the 23-24 school year. Email Stacey Schakel, MPS COVID Health Coordinator for the link.
The Mashpee Public Schools Health Advisory Council is a forum where school personnel, school committee members, community representatives, and parents are able to support and advocate for the health, wellness, and safety of students and staff. This committee meets four times a year and is currently led by MPS COVID Health Coordinator Stacey Schakel.
District Float Nurse
Kelly McVey, BSN, RN, CCM